Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello Hello Hello!

If you are reading this you are probably a Facebook friend, a follower on Twitter, or another Simpson student in my Journalism 2.0 class for which I was required to create a blog.  Oh, or Professor Chappell.  Anyways, no matter why you're checking out my blog, I'm glad you are!

This blog is going to be all about my life as a "ginger."  Most people don't realize the impact having red hair has on your life.  It's not just another hair color that you're born with, it's a lifestyle.  If you have blond hair you're called a "blond," if you have brown hair you're called a "brunette," but if you have red hair..... well, it's a different story entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Over the years I have come to truly love and embrace my hair color.  I have even taken on the identity of "Ginger" for my column in the college newspaper.  And although I've endured my fair share of teasing about my "ginger-ness," I believe it's made me a stronger person, so in a way I'm grateful.

Besides writing about my own life as a ginger, I will also be featuring some of my fellow gingers on Simpson's campus and other fun little ginger stories. I plan to post a new blog every Sunday night, so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment